A few days ago, I published an article that explains what search engine optimization (seo) is. Today, I am giving out 22 top seo ranking factors. There are over 200 seo ranking factors but a few are not all that influential though I’ll talk about the complete list some other time.
SEO takes a lot of time, and implementing correctly all the over 200 seo factors will take you a lot of time to complete and do it perfectly. I will say that seo is not a one time solution to your sites campaign. It’s an everyday hassle you do to get your site searchable and to continue to remain at the top spot in the Search Engines Results Pages (SERPs). One other reason is that, Google and other search engines; Bing, and Yahoo are constantly updating their algorithms to get the best results for their searches. Though the points I will list here are legit, you don’t have to overly tweak your site to beat Google by acting so wiser than everyone. Your content should speak much else you would be penalized. Search Engines are not to be feared. You must work hand in hand with them to benefit them and yourself as well. Now, let’s begin.
- Google SEO Ranking Factors For 2015 – Hale Web Development
- Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List – Backlinko
- SEO Rank Correlations And Ranking Factors 2014 – Searchmetrics
- SEO Ranking factors 2015: Social no Longer Top Dog – LinkedIn User Post
Top SEO Ranking Factors for 2015
- Quality content: As I earlier mentioned, don’t try to trick Google to rank your site better. The search algorithms are constantly changing, and what will let you remain on top of the search engine results pages are your content. No matter how the algorithms change, quality content still stands as a ranking factor. Quality content seems to do a whole lot aside it’s stance in ever changing algorithms. One most important thing is that, if you provide quality content, it influences other seo ranking factors such as increasing the time visitors stay on your site who may be hungry to read more of the information you have to offer.
- Website Speed: The speed of your website is very important. Accept the fact that no one will wait for years for a single web page to load when there are other search results which offer the same information, probably better. I’ve listed this as my second seo ranking factor because, choosing a good web hosting provider is one of the best investments you can make for your website. Your website can be fast when you have a good hosting server and uptime. Take this from me, Google will stop crawling your website when your site cannot be found anytime it wants to. That is not all, the size of the images on your website can also reduce your website speed.
- Keyword in Title Tag: You need to have a focus keyword that your website is about. You need to do a keyword research to know the keywords that searchers usually search for. Suggestions Google gives you as you type in Google search box is a clue, but for a more advanced results, the Google Search Console formally known as the Google Webmaster Tools should be your friend.
- Keywords in Description: Your website needs a meta description to tell search engines and searchers what your website is about. This is very important because it is what users will see under your result title. It should be good enough to convince them to click. Your focus keywords should appear like two or three times in the description.
- Keyword in H1 Tag: The H1 tag is wrapped around the titles of every single post and page on your website. If not, please check your theme to correct it in Appearance>Editor>Single.php if you use WordPress.
- Keyword in URL: Let your keyword appear in the page or post’s URL.
- Keywords in H2 and H3 Tags: If you have subheadings with H2, and H3 tags, try to include your keywords as well. This is not always a must, depending on your subheadings, but good when you do.
- Keyword Density: Your focus keyword should be used in your content as much as possible. Make sure you don’t overdo it to make your post very difficult to understand by readers.
- Length of Content: As long as length of your post content is important to give a complete idea of what your readers need, I personally think it should not be too much to bore your readers. This is because, their engagement on your website is also equally important, unless of course you have a lot of vital information to talk about.
- Duplicate Contents: Duplicate content means having the same post or article twice on your website. This should be avoided since it mars your seo campaign.
- Image Optimization: Include your keywords in the alt names of the images on your website. It is a very good seo ranking factor.
- Content Updates: Frequently update your website contents to help keep your it alive and improve your seo ranking.
- Outbound links: This is another top seo ranking factor. Link your posts and website contents to related sites and articles for further information or where you get your information from as sources of reference.
- Link Relevancy: Not just should you link to any sources at all, make sure the site you are linking to has something in common to your blog post or website to prevent Google from marking you as spam. Link out to high authority or trusted sites to also improve the trust level of your website.
- Number of Domains Linking in: The number of domains that link to your website also tells search engines that you have quality contents that people want to read. If you’re a beginner, you can start by leaving comments on sites you learn from which are in the same niche as yours; quality comments I mean.
- Internal Links: Try to create links to your posts which are similar to the contents you are writing about to create some form of correlation between your posts.
- Domain Trust: Sites that produce good quality content and with a lot of back links are trusted by search engines. This is because, search engines know that they’ll never pollute the public with wrong information. Take your time to build trust for your website, and you’ll be smiling in the future.
- Responsive Website: Just recently, Google updated their search algorithm named mobilegeddon. This gives better ranking to mobile optimized websites against those that are not.
- Sitemap: Sitemaps help search crawlers to easily navigate contents on your website.
- Domain Age: The age of your domain also gives search engines a clue that your site is here to stay. Search Engines also give better ranking to domains with country level tlds such as .gov and institution tlds such as .edu.
- Social Interest: Having a Facebook, Google plus, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages with good following is also a good signal that your website provides contents that people want to read.
- Google Search Console: Formally known as Google Webmaster Tools, this helps to rank your website better. Every good seo guru uses Google Search Console. Though your site can appear on search pages without submitting it to Google Search Console, it helps to improve the ranking, among a lot of advantages.
For an ultimate guide on how to use Google Search Console, subscribe to my blog as I prepare a post on that.
Conclusion on 22 Top SEO Ranking Factors 2015
I will never stop saying this: Search Engine Optimization is the best form of Internet marketing. The purpose of Search Engines is to give the best quality information to users. If you understand this and follow these top seo ranking factors, search engine optimization will be very interesting to you. The results of your seo campaign may not come instantly, but patience and hard work will get you to the top.
Is there any important ranking factor I left out? Please let me know in the comment box below, and don’t forget to subscribe for more updates.